Thursday, November 17, 2005

By and Largely Smaller

“By and large, we brown-bag it: 44% of Americans bring lunch from home to eat at work.” (Parade magazine, November 13, 2005, page 4)

I was disappointed that this statement did not have an accompanying graphic, so I made one.


  1. Perhaps 33% go out for lunch and 23% don't eat lunch.

  2. Or perhaps not. That's the problem.
    When the only statement provided is, "44% of Americans do X," the only conclusion we can draw about the other 56% is that they don't do X.